I'll give a quick and easy steps on how to cook Kare-kare. It is a Filipino dish originated from Pampanga, Philippines but it is widely cooked all over the Philippines specially when there is gatherings and events.
• Ox Tripe/Ox tail/Beef stew meat (cooked till tender)
• Onions (Sliced)
• Shrimp paste (cooked, "Bagoong")
• Peanut butter
• Beef Stock
• Annatto seed (soak in hot water, "atsuete")
• Banana flower bud (Quartered, "Puso ng Saging")
• Eggplant (Cube)
• String beans (Sliced)
• Chinese Cabbage ("pechay")
• In a stew pot, cook the meat until its tender.
• Remove the meat and stocks from the pot, use the same pot add some oil and sauté the onions until translucent.
• Add the Shrimp paste, let it cook. Sauté the vegetables on the shrimp paste and remove the vegetables.
• On the same pot add the Peanut butter, Add the stocks. Let the peanut butter melt.
• Add the Meat, let it simmer for a couple of minutes. Add the vegetables, and let it simmer until the vegetables are cooked.
• Add salt to taste.
• Served and Enjoy! 🐼☺️
One thing i liked about this is that i really don't need to pair it with Bagoong anymore. ☺️ I hope you enjoy cooking as much i enjoyed it.